Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Saturday 6 August 2011

Sam: I want a love life

By Nathalie Tomada (The Philippine Star) Updated August 07, 2011 12:00 AM






MANILA, Philippines - Sam Milby likens the status of his love life to the John Mayer song he currently uses as his ringtone.


“In Mayer’s Love Song For No One, he has no love life but he wants to have one. Parang he’s saying whoever is the girl destined for me, bilisan mo, dumating ka na sa buhay ko. He’s saying, I’m tired of being alone, so hurry up and get here,” says the Kapamilya heartthrob.


If the song has struck a chord with Sam, it’s because it has been awhile since he last found himself in a romantic relationship. 


“I have no love life at all. (But) I want to have a love life. Am I ready? I’m very, very ready,” Sam, who was one of the celebrity guests at the recent 25th-anniversary celebration of The STAR, readily admits.


Sam’s last relationship was with Anne Curtis; they broke up in 2008. He dated YouTube sensation Marie Digby who had been here for shows. They were introduced through common friends. “We decided to remain friends. Pero sobrang bait ng taong yun. She’s really a good person. But we never reached the level that we were exclusively dating,” shares Sam. 


Since Marie, he has gone out on two more dates but “nothing still came out of it.”


The 27-year-old actor-singer clarifies that while he isn’t ready for marriage yet, he’s definitely searching for a serious relationship. “I know a lot of guys na parang if they find the girl na okay naman, they’ll give (the relationship) a try. Pero ako, gusto ko, I’m sure. I don’t want to have doubts,” says Sam.


Asked on what qualities he is hoping to find in his future significant other, he cites, “I want someone who is not high-maintenance, hindi maarte, just simple and of course, God-fearing.”


He further says, “Buhay ko umiikot lang sa showbiz. Sa totoo lang wala akong masyadong nakikilala na bago. As much as I want to fall in love with someone outside of showbiz, you can’t help but fall for someone you work with because you’re always together. But then (for my next relationship), I really prefer someone who is non-showbiz.” 


It might be hard to imagine, but Sam insists that he has also experienced rejection and heartbreak. And this he muses about through the song Pushing Me Away, which he penned for his third record under Star Records due for release this month.


Refusing to name the subject of the song, he nevertheless talks about how it came about: “I started writing the song two years ago in New York. The direction is medyo rock ballad. Actually, ever since I got into acting, I find it hard to write. I always start writing songs, but I don’t finish them… But it’s true, in the past, I’m more inspired to write if I’m hurt… ang dami kong kanta na mayroong bitterness.”


Meantime, expect him to be back on primetime TV soon as he does Alta (tentative title), an upcoming teleserye co-starring him with Gretchen Barretto, KC Concepcion, Angelica Panganiban, Luis Manzano and Zanjoe Marudo. He’ll be playing the brother of Gretchen’s character. 


Away from the klieg lights, Sam is busy spending his free time on motorbike racing. “I started motorcycling nine or 10 years ago. My dad raced, my two siblings raced, so my family is really into it,” says Sam, who’s tanned because of his sporting interest. “People have been telling me to stop it because it’s dangerous. But everyone has their own passion and this is mine.”


http://208.184.76.173/Article.aspx?articleId=714185



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...