Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Sunday 6 May 2012

Where dreams are not galaxies away ..

Milby in New York: Where dreams are not galaxies away 
By Toby Manlapat (The Philippine Star) Updated May 06, 2012 


photo credits to owner



MANILA, Philippines - It’s “pilot” season in the United States. It’s the time when the US TV networks prep for the new shows to air. Unlike our
teleseryes

, new shows are venues to showcase freshly discovered talent. Actors and actresses are eager to put their talents out there. Filipinos are not exempt and it’s none other than fellow Filipino, our
kababayan

, Sam Milby who’s in New York, grabbing every opportunity to be cast in one of 2012’s pilot TV shows.
We caught up with him between auditions to give you the latest update on his journey to making it big in Hollywood and how he keeps a balance between family, career and his personal life. Without a doubt, with a little help from family and technology, this man can hold it together.

How are you? How’s New York?
SAM MILBY: I’m really loving it here! This city has so much energy with so much diversity and I’m always meeting new people every day. My phonebook for the US is gaining entries. It’s a bit different, of course, with me living alone and doing everything myself but I’m really enjoying the experience especially because I’m learning a lot.

I’m sure there are lots of opportunities here in New York. What are your upcoming projects? How do you see your career progressing?
Well... I came here to pursue a career in New York. So far, it’s been good. I’ve been getting a lot of good feedback. I’ve also been doing a lot of networking since it’s my first year. But I’m thankful for the support back home. I get to talk (via mobile) to my network family and I’m encouraged because I’m secure that despite this move, my career will continue to progress in the Philippines. We’re already planning a teleserye and a movie later this year.

Who do you want to partner up with in your next project? Who’s your next leading lady?
There are a lot of talented actresses in the Philippines! I’m just privileged to be part of the industry. For my next projects... well, from what I’ve been hearing, my next planned project will be with Judy Ann Santos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...