Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Monday 30 January 2012

Sam Milby on pursuing his Hollywood dreams: "Kahit walang mangyari, this trip doesn't mean na give up na ako." | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz

Sam Milby on pursuing his Hollywood dreams: "Kahit walang mangyari, this trip doesn't mean na give up na ako." | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz
Sam Milby on pursuing his Hollywood dreams: "Kahit walang mangyari, this trip doesn't mean na give up na ako."


Sam Milby's leaner frame doesn't have anything to do with his upcoming trip to the U.S., where he will pursue his dream of becoming a Hollywood actor.


"No, I've been working out, so yun, pumapayat. Hindi naman... I'm not depressed at all, I'm excited," he said.
"Mixed emotions..."
This was how Sam Milby described his feelings toward his upcoming flight on Wednesday, February 1.
He added, "Maraming mami-miss dito... and weird, kasi parang hindi pa rin nag-set in na aalis ako."
But at the same time, "I'm excited," he said in an interview during the intimate send-off party hosted by his Star Magic family last night, January 29.

With a smile, he shared what awaits him when he gets to Hollywood, "Actually, I have an audition that day after I arrive.

"And it's step two... I have the script already so I have to study that on the plane."
The Filipino-American actor, however, clarified that "there's no project" yet.
Some people, he said, had already approached him and remarked, "Sam, Hollywood ka na..."
But he emphasized, "You can't say Hollywood... It's not like I have a project.
"I heard some people reacting na, I'm getting into... I've heard Vampire Diaries [a series]. No...
"The shows I'm auditioning are for the major networks, all for new shows. It's the pilot season.
"As in mga bagong show that the networks are making."

It's a "gamble" for him given his status as one of the most in-demand leading men in ABS-CBN.
Since he became a Pinoy Big Brother housemate in 2005, Sam has been involved in more than 30 television shows and movies and a few music albums.

When he gets to Los Angeles, what is the first thing that he will do?
"I dunno what to expect," he mused.

"It's my first time and I have... one of the hardest part also is to get an agency."
Luckily for him, there's already an agency that's going to arrange his auditions.

SUDDENLY, A HOLLYWOOD OPPORTUNITY. 


The plan, according to Sam, came about a few months ago after a New York-based friend got in touch with him.

The 27-year-old star recalled, "It started off with there was an executive with one of the major networks na nagsabi sa mga kaibigan... sa kaibigan ko sa New York, 'I'm actually looking for Asians na magaling mag-English.'

"Then, he watched the Star Magic tour in L.A., then he watched again in New York, and interviewed some of us.

"And then he had me come back to do an audition at the network just to see my acting. Hindi naman para sa isang project. It was just to see my acting.

"And they liked it. They liked my audition tape and sent it to L.A."

His other target, aside from going to auditions, is to meet executives from the major networks.
Sam continued, "I'm very blessed already na may agency na magaling talaga sila, one of the best in Hollywood, and makilala ko lang mga major networks, that's a big thing, too.
"I don't know what to expect kasi, you, know, it's gonna be a whole different world for me. Hindi ako sanay sa mga auditions."

But would he rather take the risk than dwell on the "what-ifs" in case he lets go of this opportunity?
Besides, "I have a good feeling naman also. You know, I already have a good feedback already, so just hoping for the best..."

IS HE GOING TO MISS SOMEONE? Yesterday, he went to the dressing rooms of his closest friends in ASAP 2012 to say good bye.
It's a "one-time every week" show, and he didn't expect to see most of them at the send-off party, "kaya nagpaalam na ako nun."
Sam resumed, "They're like a family, and hindi ko alam ang susunod kung kelan makikita ko sila. I dunno when that will be."

He refused to name three people he's going to miss the most, but he gave special mention to his personal assistant Nene.

"She's been with me from the very start. She takes care of me...
"Ah, I've never really said how much I appreciate ang ginagawa niya para sa akin.
"She's been so parang...napakahirap talagang hanapin ang mga taong that you can really trust," he said.

read more




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...