Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Sam Milby on pursuing a career in Hollywood: "I don't know what to expect, but I'm excited." | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz

Sam Milby on pursuing a career in Hollywood: "I don't know what to expect, but I'm excited." | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz

Glen P. Sibonga


Sam Milby on the hardest part of trying his luck in the States: "Just because sanay ako sa sistema dito. I mean, you know I don't have to audition, I've been very blessed. And not knowing what's going to happen. You know this is the first year, hindi ko alam kung ano ang mangyayari. That's excitement, but also in a way scary at the same time."
Hindi naman pala tuluyang iiwan ng actor-singer na si Sam Milby ang Philippine showbiz.
Ito ang binigyang-linaw ni Sam sa panayam sa kanya ni Boy Abunda para sa "Ikaw Na" segment ng late-night news program ng ABS-CBN, ang Bandila, na napanood kagabi, Enero 24.

Last quarter pa lang noong isang taon ay nabalita na ang pagpunta ni Sam sa Amerika para makipagsapalaran sa paggawa ng TV projects doon.

Marami naman ang nagkomento na bakit kailangan pang umalis ni Sam gayong nasa peak pa rin naman siya ng kanyang career.
Bakit kailangan niya pang iwan ang Pilipinas?
"Hindi naman iiwan. Babalik naman po ako.

"May mga opportunities sa States na hindi ko puwedeng palampasin," paliwanag ni Sam

HOW DID IT START? Ano ba itong opportunities na sinasabi niya?
Ayon sa 27-year-old actor, "I'm going there for the pilot-week season.
"And I feel I have a step ahead kasi nakilala ko na yung mga major networks, and I have one of the best agencies in Hollywood, which is Gersh."

Ang The Gersh Agency (TGA) ay nagme-maintain ng pitong full-service departments: Talent, Feature Literary, TV Literary, Theater, Comedy, Below-the-Line, at Modelling agency.

Matatagpuan ang mga opisina nila sa Beverly Hills at New York.
Paano ba nagsimula ang lahat? Paano siya nadiskubre ng agency na ito?

Kuwento ni Sam, "Well, there was an executive sa one of the biggest networks that was looking for Asians na magaling mag-English.
"And then we have friends living in New York, Rich Briñas and Mario Briñas, that know her, and then say, 'Watch the Star Magic tour.'
"And then they watched the Star Magic tour sa L.A. [Los Angeles]. 'Tapos, they watched again sa New York.
"And then they had me come back.

"They interviewed me and then they had me come back.
"And then, nag-audition ako. And they liked my audition."
THE AUDITION. Paano ang naging audition niya roon? Kumusta ang naging experience niya?

"They just gave me a script," sagot ng Star Magic talent.
"Hindi naman para sa isang project, but they just want to see my acting.
"That was the whole point of the audition.

"It was not an audition for a show, they just want to see my acting.
"They let me read a script and they just videod me.
"And they even sent it sa L.A.

"I did it in New York, 'tapos they sent it to L.A., to the producers and the executive casting directors.
"They also liked me."

May particular project na ba siyang gagawin sa Amerika?
"Wala pa," sabi ni Sam.

"The thing kasi sa States, kahit yung mga sikat na sikat na actors and actresses, nag-o-audition din sila.
"No matter who you are, you have to audition for any project.
"So, yun ang gagawin ko po.

"Wala namang guaranteed work pero, kumbaga, I feel that I have my foot in the door.
"I'm excited. It's like I'm starting all over again.
"I don't know what to expect, but I'm excited."

Pero nung pinagbasa siya sa audition, pano ito ipinagawa sa kanya—dramatic ba?
"They let me do it my own way.

"They gave me the script ahead of time para I can remember it, I can memorize it.
"'Tapos when I came in... It was very nice kasi yung executive casting director, she...

"I did it my own way and then she said, I was really good.
"And then she said, 'Try doing it a little more this way.'
"So, she was helping me actually. And they just really liked it."
Ninerbiyos ba siya?

"Yes, very much!" bulalas ni Sam.
"Hindi naman ako sanay sa... I mean dito sa Pilipinas, siyempre I auditioned for PBB[Pinoy Big Brother] and that was about it.

"Paglabas ng PBB house, of course I know I've been very blessed and ABS-CBN is just giving me...you don't have to audition, you know.
"So, it was a different experience for me."

How did he handle the nerves, the jitters? Nagdasal ba siya? Ano ang ginawa niya?
"I did pray, yes.

"And it took me a while, it just took me a while.
"Kasi ako, my nerves, they get the best of me.
"Sabi ko, 'Can I just get a little water please?'
"Yun!" natatawang kuwento ni Sam.

EXCITED BUT SCARY FEELING. Ano ang pinakamahirap na bagay sa kanyang pag-alis, lalo na at mawawala siya ng tatlo't kalahating buwan?
"Just because sanay ako sa sistema dito.

"I mean, you know I don't have to audition, I've been very blessed.
"And not knowing what's going to happen.

"You know this is the first year, hindi ko alam kung ano ang mangyayari.
"That's excitement, but also in a way scary at the same time."

Ano ang ipinagdarasal niya?
"My prayer siyempre na maging successful yung mga auditions and what's gonna happen there in the States.
"At saka yung mga kaibigan ko dito, yung mga sumusuporta sa akin, sana they will still support me and they won't forget me sana," saad ni Sam.

THINGS & PEOPLE TO MISS.
Sumunod namang pinag-usapan nina Sam at Boy ang tungkol sa mga tao at bagay na mami-miss ni Sam sa pag-alis niya sa Pilipinas.

Female celebrity that you'll miss the most when you're gone?
"We're very close, she's like my little sister, Yeng Constantino."

Male celebrity?
"John Prats."

Ulam na mami-miss niya?
"Bangus."

Last girl na nagpakilig kay Sam Milby?
Natawa muna si Sam bago sumagot.

Aniya, "Actually, nag-MMK [Maalaala Mo Kaya] kami. Si Jessy Mendiola.
"She's very pretty, beautiful. Mas maganda siya pag walang make-up."

Last girl na nagpaiyak kay Sam Milby?
"Anne Curtis," pagtukoy ni Sam sa kanyang ex-girlfriend.

Last guy na pinagselosan niya?
"Erwan."
(Si Erwan Heussaff ang present boyfriend ni Anne.)

Biggest regret in love?
Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...