Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Thursday 6 October 2011

Sam meets agents in pursuit of his Hollywood dream | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online

Sam meets agents in pursuit of his Hollywood dream | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online
Gossip girl by Giselle Sanchez
October 6, 2011

In the picture from left: Michelle Sanchez, Gilda Sanchez, Sam Milby, Globe International Head Aileen Averion, and Gossip Girl Giselle Sanchez.
In the picture from left: Michelle Sanchez, Gilda Sanchez, Sam Milby, Globe International Head Aileen Averion, and Gossip Girl Giselle Sanchez.
SYDNEY, Australia – In spite of the rains and an 11 degree freezing temperature in spring, 20,000 Filipinos flocked to the Fairfield grounds in Bosley Park for the 23rd Sydney Fiesta Kultura organized by the Philippine Australia Sports and Culture Inc (PASC).
The pretty half-halfs (half Aussie-half Pinays) were going gaga over his “Royal Hotness” – Sam Milby as he sang his latest single, “Hindi Kita Iiwan.” Sam and I performed for the Yes Optus and Globe Telecom program segment of the PASC event in the afternoon so I had time to bond with the “Prince of Romance” for dinner at the Waterfront restaurant near the Harbour Bridge and the famous Opera House after our performance.
Giselle: Your aura seems different now compared to two years ago when we were in Tokyo. You look happier. In Japan you were so quiet.
Sam: That was because I just broke up with Anne (Curtis) that time and I was so depressed. Now that my heart is healed, I’m happy because I’m in a good place right now.
Giselle: Good place lovewise? I heard you’re dating Marié Digby?
Sam: That was a year ago. We went out on several dates but she has a boyfriend now. Lovewise, I’m still single. Careerwise though, I’m pretty loaded. In a few days, I’m flying to New Jersey for a show for the Filipinos and then I’m going to meet with ICM. ICM is one of the top management agencies in the United States. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed.
(F.R.I. – For reader’s information – F.R.I. #1 – For reader’s information ICM stands for International Creative Management, agent to popular Hollywood stars like Al Pacino, Jodie Foster, Susan Sarandon, Mickey Rourke and Cristina Ricci. F.R.I. #2 – The show he was mentioning in New Jersey is the Pinoy Musik Festival at 1 Great Adventure Boulevard, Jackson New Jersey this coming October 9.)
Giselle: So you’re really going to pursue this Hollywood dream of yours?
Sam: It depends on my meeting. If they have an immediate project for me, I may pursue but if they just want me to hang around for three to six months, I may fly back to the Philippines because I have a teleserye offer from ABS-CBN. I am still being managed by Star Magic and it is also Star Magic that arranged this meeting with ICM for me.
Giselle: What is your gut feel on this Hollywood dream of yours?
Sam: I have a good feeling about it. Much like the feeling I had when I came over to the Philippines and decided to try out Philippine showbiz. There are actually two networks in the U.S that are interested in getting me. I just need proper representation.
Giselle: Did you ever picture yourself to be a Hollywood star?
Sam: Actually when I was a kid in Ohio, I did. I did not picture though that I would be in Philippine show business. Actually, you would be surprised because back then, when I was a kid, I never read in front of class. I have stage fright up to now.
Giselle: Yeah right! We just performed for 20,000 Filipinos a while ago. What stage fright are you talking about?
Sam: I’m an actor, right? I handle it well.
Sam’s sister Ada, who is on vacation from Ohio, corroborated Sam’s stage fright telling me that the only time he heard Sam sing was in “Pinoy Big Brother” where Sam was discovered. Ada said he was a very shy kid.
Well the shy boy grew up to be a shining star in Philippine show business… and maybe pretty soon in Hollywood. Don’t forget me Sam when you’re in Hollywood ‘coz my trailer might be parked beside your trailer in the studio! Hahaha!



Known as Asia’s Funny Girl, Giselle will be performing in Koronadal City on Oct. 7 and The Venetian Macau on Oct. 9. Follow her in Facebook (giselasalon@yahoo.com) and Twitter (@GiselleXanchez) and log on to her website www.gisellesanchez.com where she writes about her Bohol beachfront hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...