Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Monday 31 October 2011

Marie Digby is clueless why Filipinos like her but is grateful for their support :: ABS-CBN.com

Marie Digby is clueless why Filipinos like her but is grateful for their support :: ABS-CBN.com


Marie Digby is clueless why Filipinos like her but is grateful for their support
by Bernie Franco | October 31, 2011


Marie Digby recently released her first albumin the Philippines, Your Love, which includes tracks that feature her collaboration with Filipino singer-actors like Sam Milby and Jericho Rosales. Though Marie has made a name for herself in the international music scene, she said that making an album in the country is also her way of thanking her Filipinos fans who are a big part of her international fame.

“In the beginning when my YouTube videos were taking off, most of my fans were in the Philippines and when I went to Hollywood records it was very hard to convince them to let me come over here and do concerts for promotional work,” she related. “In fact, the first time around I went almost everywhere except for the Philippines so when I finished my contract (in the US) and I made sure that I come over here and thank everybody who would watch my videos for the past four years because without the fans here, I wouldn’t have a released album anywhere.”

The Irish-Japanese singer also could not single out the reason why she thinks Filipinos appreciate her music. “It baffles me and I’m grateful for it because like in the beginning when I found out that most of my viewers were Filipinos [I wondered], is it because they just liked me or they think I am Filipino? I wonder what it is. I don’t know what the answer [and] I don’t care, I’m just grateful,” she beamed.
Read more:
http://www.abs-cbn.com/Celebrity/Article/10410/Marie-Digby-is-clueless-why-Filipinos-like-her-but-is-grateful-for-their-support.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...