Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Friday 3 June 2011

KC, Sam team up for 1st time in Forever and a Day

 
(The Philippine Star) Updated June 04, 2011 12:00 AM 




MANILA, Philippines - Noted for her landmark romance-comedy-drama movies, director Cathy Garcia-Molina confessed that after watching KC Concepcion in several of her movies and TV shows, she looked forward to working with KC.
It’s not the same with Sam Milby whom Cathy has directed in three movies.
Cathy has realized dream of putting together KC and Sam in a movie, Star Cinema’s Forever and a Day, which opens in more than 100 theaters nationwide on June 15.
KC plays Raffy, a girl who has gone through a lot in life but dares to try many more things to prove to herself (and not so much to other people) that “she can.” 



Sam plays Eugene, an arrogant go-getter who is always up for any challenge, “always hungry to be the best.”
Cathy said that before the shoot started, she laid her cards on the table and told KC, “I’ll do everything para mailabas mo kung anong kayang mo pang ilabas. KC didn’t disappoint me. In fact, I was surprised because I got more than what I expected. Magaling siya; matalino siyang artista. She improved everytime I corrected her. She’s a revelation in this movie.”
Again with Sam, it’s a different story.
“Sam is a kid at heart,” said Cathy. “He’s playful, magaan ka-trabaho. Once he gets into the character, siyang-siya na ‘yon. As Eugene, Sam sheds his matinee-idol persona; he’s a far cry from his drool-worthy leading-man look in his previous movies. I would say that he has greatly improved since the first time I worked with him.”
The movie was partly shot in the scenic spots of Bukidnon and Cagayan de Oro. KC and Sam proved to be real pros all the way, not at all complaining when they were asked to do extreme-adventure sports or games such as zipline, zorb and white-water rafting.
KC admitted that at first, she was “afraid” of Cathy.
“I was relieved when she told me that all she was expecting from me was to trust her,” said KC, “and I did.”
Of course, as usual Sam is all praises for Cathy.


“I’m comfortable working with her,” said Sam, “and even before the current project is finished, I’m already looking forward to the next one.”
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=692876&publicationSubCategoryId=70

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...