Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Sam Milby says there is no guarantee he will succeed in Hollywood - Push.com.ph

Sam Milby says there is no guarantee he will succeed in Hollywood - Push.com.ph


11/22/2011 10:59 AM

by: Bernie Franco



112211-sam-main.jpgSam Milby revealed that he will be leaving for the United States in February 2012 and will stay there for three months to pursue a Hollywood career. Although he has not yet been signed up for any Hollywood project, the actor-singer is pretty optimistic about his plans. “It’s my first time, I haven’t been there yet but I’m having high hopes and you know, with the positive feedback from people that I already met, I’m being very positive so sana naman it will go [well],” he admitted during the Star Magic Benefit Concert held at Zirkoh Comedy Bar last November 20.

Sam denied claims that he has been cast in a Hollywood show. Sam explained, “I know a lot of people are thinking din, ‘Ay ano’g show mo, kasali ka sa Vampire Diaries ganun-ganun.Hindi naman. Ayoko namang isipin ng mga tao na may work na [ako]. hindi nga eh, it’s just parang nakilala ko na angcast and directors [and] ‘yun ang importanteAng gagawin ko actually is auditions. ‘Yun ang mga gagawin ko For three months, but there’s no guaranteed work.”

He added that he has met people from US TV networks that could help him with his Hollywood dream, but stressed that there is no assurance yet if he could get a part. Nevertheless, he is keeping his fingers crossed that something good will come out of it. “It’s a very good gamble and I feel positive about it. I’m really up to the challenge. Alam kong napakahirap talagang pumasok sa hollywood but I’m excited.”

Other than doing a TV show, Sam continued that it is really his ambition to do a Hollywood film. “It is my dream and I believe [that if] I really work hard and I really push myself as much as I can, I think anybody—if he really puts his mind to it and really works hard for it—I think [he] can achieve anything. Swerte ako dahil I feel inspired already.”

And as there is no certainty yet if he will seal a deal, Sam said that he is not yet saying goodbye permanently to local showbiz. As a matter of fact, Sam revealed that he is already in talks for his next teleserye.

Sam confirmed that he gave up his role in the upcoming teleserye Alta, which went to Diether Ocampo, and another one in a movie with Bea Alonzo, which went to Derek Ramsay.

Initially, Sam intended to do Alta so he could leave something to his followers while he was gone, but the show’s production kept being pushed back. He said that he was saddened to give up these projects, but he did not want to pass up the chance to be a Hollywood star, which he describes is his ultimate dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...