Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Friday 7 October 2011

Sam Milby to meet with top network executives in U.S. - Push.com.ph

Sam Milby to meet with top network executives in U.S. - Push.com.ph

10/08/2011 12:36 AM

by: Rachelle Siazon


100811-sam-main.jpgSam Milby has been busy with various concert tours and music festivals abroad. He just came from Australia last weekend and flying to New Jersey on October 8 for more shows. At the same time, Sam revealed that he’s scheduled to meet some American network executives for an acting project that he auditioned for early this year. “Yeah, I’ve already met them earlier this year. I’ll be having four meetings with them on Monday while I am in New Jersey,” said Sam during the press launch of his third solo album, Be Mine, at Rai Rai Ken SM City The Block on October 7.

Sam told Push.com.ph that he was first tapped by a US-based network during the Star Magic tour in Los Angeles last April. “They’re looking for an Asian guy. They watched the Star Magic tour in L.A. earlier this year and they had other agents watch me in New York as well. After that, they asked me to come back to audition. It just so happened that my movie with KC Concepcion (Forever And A Day) had a screening in New York, so dun ako nag-audition (sometime in June). Good timing.”

Sam couldn’t give further details, but he said that the rights for the said project were recently bought by another network. “I don’t know what type of show it is. But I found out that the show ended up being [transferred] to another network. But the network’s really helping out a lot. I went to the network, I read a script and they just recorded it. Siyempre I was nervous, it was a big network. Korean yung isang actor na nag-audition. It was down to two of us at that time.”

Asked if he’s thinking of leaving his showbiz career in the Philippines, Sam explained that it’s too early to make plans since there are still several projects lined up for him at ABS-CBN. “Siyempre yun ang pangarap ko[makarating ng Hollywood]. Pero hindi ko alam [if I am open to work abroad]. It looks promising. I’m just really hopeful. Kung sakaling merong akong work dun, next year pa naman. So tapos na ang Alta and yung movie kowith Bea Alonzo.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...