Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Thursday 3 February 2011

Sam Milby's need for speed

Sam Milby's need for speed
By Chuck Smith, For Yahoo! Southeast Asia Tuesday February 1, 2011 11:15 pm PST



Sam Milby is known for playing reserved and sheltered roles onscreen. But in real life, that can't be farther from the truth. Looking at the sports he's dabbled on reveals that Sam is someone who constantly needs to be active, regardless of the risks the activity entails.

“Halos lahat. Tennis,wrestling, hockey, golf. Nung bata ako, I even did a little bit of gymnastics. I play a little bit of soccer and volleyball. I tried wakeboarding,” he said.

Still, nothing can be more extreme than his current sporting passion right now: motocross.

In his blood

Motocross is an all-terrain motorbike sport. Although similar to motorcycle racing, motocross however uses an enclosed off-road track as opposed to public roads or a multi-purpose pavement race track. There are a number of motocross variations, including freestyle motocross and supercross. 

Sam first got a dirt bike when he was 11 years old, but only learned to bike when he stopped figure skating. 

But why would Sam put himself at risk just to do motocross?

“It's in my blood. Nag race yung dad ko, nag race yung dalawang kapatid ko. So, I don't know, when my dad let me try it, na-hook na ako,” Sam said in an interview with Yahoo! Southeast Asia last week at an off-road race track in Bicutan, Paranaque City. 

He added, “Figure skating, it wasn't really my choice, per se. I started when I was three years old. I'm very happy naman that I did it but motocross is really my passion when I started it. I like the adrenaline rush, I like the speed.” 

Sam said he has been to the off-road race track to motocross thrice this year. 

“I have to take advantage of the time that I have kasi pag nag-start na yung movie, wala na,” he said, referring to his planned movie with KC Concepcion.


Read more: 


http://ph.promotion.yahoo.com/entertainment/article/post/entertainmentfeat_ph/255/sam-milbys-need-for-speed.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...