Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Toni recalls past with Sam, thought he was 'the one' | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online


Toni Gonzaga and Sam Milby in “Ang Tanging Pamilya”


Toni recalls past with Sam, thought he was 'the one' | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online


September 14, 2011, 9:28am

By JECELYN V. MACAHINDOG
MANILA, Philippines -- Celebrating a decade-long career, Toni Gonzaga recalled a chapter in her life that has been a closed book – love.
Talking on ANC’s “Headstart,” the singer-host-actress revealed how she realized that love can wait.
“My priority for now is my career,” said the 27-year-old Kapamilya actress. Toni, who took up a degree in English at the University of the Philippines, shared her plan of going back to school given the chance.
Although she publicly declared that her boyfriend, movie director Paul Soriano, is her first love, Toni admitted that she once thought she would end up with onscreen partner Sam Milby.
“There was a time I thought he was going to be ‘the one.’ We were very close, doing a lot of movies together, spent a lot of time together but I was not allowed to get in a relationship then. I was very young. I was 21,” Toni confessed.
“I do not follow my heart, I followed my parents,” she added.
Toni met Paul during Gary Valenciano’s concert in 2006.
On “Showbiz News Ngayon,” Toni said of her longtime boyfriend: “I honestly believe na sa buhay ko ngayon ang first love ko ay kung sino man ang minamahal ko ngayon because that is the deepest and honest and purest love na naramdaman ko.”
After four years of being together, Toni isn’t about to walk down the aisle with Paul.
“I wanted to get married at the age of 30. That’s my plan. I think 30 is the new 25,” she declared.
Sam not part of Toni concert?
Toni dismissed the issue claiming she purposely didn’t invite Sam to her Sept. 30 concert at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
The line-up includes previous leading men Piolo Pascual, John Lloyd Cruz and Vhong Navarro.
“Hindi ko pa alam. Kasi marami silang (concert organizers) itinatago sa akin, eh. May mga surprise guests sila, eh. Malay mo i-surprise niya (Sam) ako!” Toni said in an interview with PEP.
Speculations arose that Sam may have been dropped from the line-up because Paul was reportedly jealous of him.
“Naku, hindi lang kay Sam! ‘Yun lang siguro ‘yung pinaka-safe niyang nasabi. Marami rin naman siyang napagselosan. It just so happened na ‘yun lang ‘yung nasabi niya. Kasi siya (Sam) ‘yung may pinakamarami kaming nagawa na pelikula,” Toni explained.
“But definitely... Kasi siyempre ipapakita rin dito sa concert yung mga pelikulang nagawa ko. At di rin naman natin maiaalis that Sam has been a part of my career sa pelikula. So, I guess he will be – kahit na wala siya dito na personal – he will still be a part of this concert,” Toni guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...