Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Marie Digby was in Japan when quake, tsunami hit

Marie Digby in Japan when quake, tsunami hit



MANILA, Philippines - International acoustic singer Marie Digby is still in shock as she recalled her traumatic experience in quake-hit Japan on Friday.

Digby was inside an elevator when the 8.9-magnitude earthquake struck.

"I honestly have goose bumps thinking about it because I was in an elevator with my mom when the earthquake began. We were lucky to be in a secure building but many people weren't and they ended up dying either in the earthquake or as a result of the tsunami," said the 27-year-old YouTube sensation.

Digby revealed that Filipino hunk actor-singer Sam Milby was among those who contacted her after the earthquake.

"All my friends are reaching out to me because all of the cellphone lines were down and no one could get in touch with us. Sam is one of the people who reached out and made sure that I was okay and my family was all right," she said.

Digby, who just arrived in Manila on Monday morning, extended her sympathies to the victims of the disaster.

"I'm really coming to the Philippines with a heavy heart because my heart is still back in Japan for the people who lost their homes, their lives, their friends and families," she said.

She vowed to help the victims. "So it's my goal, as soon as everything settles, to figure out how I can give back to my community and how I can help all the people who were part of the destruction."

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertain...ke-tsunami-hit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...