Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Thursday 17 March 2011

Marie Digby gives reason her courtship with Sam Milby went kaput | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online

Marie Digby gives reason her courtship with Sam Milby went kaput
By ALEX VALENTIN BROSAS
March 17, 2011, 11:32am
MANILA, Philippines – Singer Marie Digby has revealed the reason her courtship with singer-actor Sam Milby did not translate to romance.
Marie, who is currently here for projects, shared on “Showbiz News Ngayon,” March 16 episode that “distance is a big factor.”
“We live in two different countries. It’s hard to make a normal relationship work out let alone a very long distance one. I’m sure that was the big factor,” she stressed.
Marie and Sam have a special friendship. When Marie was vacationing in Boracay, the singer-actor made an effort to see her there. When he was in Japan, Marie returned the compliment by showing up at his concert.
Still not closing her doors on falling for Sam, Marie said, “Who knows? It’s hard to tell what’s gonna happen in the future, what the circumstance are. I don’t know but I’m not gonna close my door.”
She talked about the qualities Sam possesses that make him boyfriend material. “Sam’s a cutie pie. He’s a beautiful person, very, very kindhearted and not a mean bone in his body. He’s not even... I don’t think he’s even aware of how charming and cute he is. He’s a wonderful person and I think everybody deserves to know that, [those who haven't] had the privilege of meeting him in person.”
Sam, on the other hand, showed deep concern for Marie’s welfare in Japan when it was hit by a devastating earthquake and tsunami on March 11.
“Siyempre I was worried kasi nalaman ko affected ‘yung Tokyo din, eh. Alam ko nasa Tokyo siya. I asked if she’s okay. She said, ‘Yeah.' Grabe ‘yung aftershock, 'yung building kasi they stay in a condo apartment building. Pero mabuti naman ano, walang nangyari,” he said.
Despite her being in the country, Sam says he and Marie have not yet seen each other.
“She told me early that she’s coming to ABS. Ngayon I really have to go. We’ve been messaging. Hindi ko pa rin siya nakita. I don’t know kasi siyempre aalis na ako bukas ng umaga. I guess I’ll see her when I get back from Davao,” the acoustic singer shared.
This was confirmed by Marie herself. “He’s a busy guy. I’m a busy girl. We’ve communicated but we haven’t met yet. We don’t have any plans to meet yet. He’s really very busy and I also have very busy, hectic schedule so it’s hard to make a connect.”
And just like the female singing sensation, Sam has his reasons for keeping his feelings for Marie in check.
“Isa siya sa pinakamabait na tao na nakilala ko (sa) buong buhay ko. I’m really a fan... maganda, talented. I am happy that she’s here. I hope that it really goes well for her. Sana alam niya na nandito lang ako para sa kanya kung gusto niyang matuto ng Tagalog,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...