Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Saturday 19 May 2012

Sam Milby is back in Manila; says trying his luck in Hollywood was ‘worth it’


5/17/2012 3:07 PM
by: Rachelle Siazon
051712-sam_main.jpg

Sam Milby may have missed some important projects while he was away, but he maintained that going through auditions in Hollywood has done a lot of good for his self-confidence. “Yes, it’s very worth it. It was a great experience. All the auditions and the great feedback… I just feel different from when I left here. I just have more desire to [work] and I [gained] more confidence. And I think there's a misconception of things too, kasi wala akong balak dati na pumunta sa States to try it out there. It came to me. There was a network that liked me and got me an agency there. So I’m thankful sa lahat ng nangyari,” said Sam in an interview with ABS-CBN reporters during his arrival at NAIA Terminal 2 yesterday afternoon, May 16.

He also joined Broadway star Ana Maria Perez de Tagle’s benefit concert for St. Jude’s Children Hospital a week before he returned to the Philippines. As a matter of fact, Ana’s manager Kevin Jonas, Sr. (father of the Jonas brothers) was all praises for Sam’s talent and down-to-earth personality. “Yeah, ang bait talaga niya (Jonas Sr.). Nasa charity concert siya ni Anna na ginanap sa isang yacht. I heard that he was interviewed by Don Tagala (ABS-CBN News correspondent in North America) and he said a lot of nice words about me, so I’m very thankful for that. Yun din, it did help me that he believed in me too. I was thankful to meet him.”

Some of the Hollywood stars he met included Adrian Grenier of the hit series Entourage and model-actress Brooklyn Decker. “Nagulat ako kasi first off, sa agency ko, I met Brooklyn Decker who starred in the movie of Adam Sandler Just Go With It at sa Battleship na isang bagong pelikula na lalabas. Tapos I was at an audition, may nakita akong guy. Sa isip ko, ‘Parang familiar yung mukha niya.’ I was with a group of people, nag-uusap kami, tapos nalaman ko na siya yung lead sa Entourage.” 

With all these positive experiences, Sam said that he would definitely go back for another round of casting calls next year. “It’s all for major networks, mga lalabas na shows sa CW, ABC, CBS, meron isa sa HBO. It went really well. Ang gusto nila mas matagal ako mag-stay, pero naintindihan nila na may prior commitments pa ako dito [sa Pilipinas]. So babalik pa ako dun most likely around January. May mga ongoing auditions ngayon but yung main chunk is during [the first quarter of the year].”

read more: 





http://www.push.com.ph/features/7888...-was-worth-it/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...