Sam Milby

Sam Milby

Sunday 19 February 2012

"SAM MILBY IN A NEW YORK STATE OF MIND"

Written by adminFeatured News, News HighlightsFeb 18, 2012
By Don Tagala, ABS-CBN North America Bureau
Feb. 20, 2012



NEW YORK- Filipino-American singer and actor Sam Milby is in a New York state of mind.

Like many ambitious young people chasing their dream in the Big Apple, Milby was lured to the city of great challenges and opportunities.

The challenge: To land a lead role in a show that could be a hit series on National TV.

The opportunity: Sam’s agent has already booked him to do several casting auditions including one for Warner Brothers.

Sam Milby said, “I still get nervous. I can see myself doing this. It’s a little out of my character, but the people at the network think it’s right for me.”

Like many New Yorkers, a pit stop at a local Starbucks is a must to start his day right.

But Filipinos know that Milby is not an ordinary New Yorker.
A family from Teaneck, New Jersey immediately recognized the Filipino star.

Sylvia Figeroa said, “My God, he’s so handsome, good luck, God bless you Sam on your auditions, hope you get it.”

After studying the script for his audition, Sam walks to the Warner Brothers office in Manhattan for his afternoon appointment.

Standing in front of the Warner Brothers lobby, Sam said, “For me, I find this to be a very important audition, it’s a big audition. Let’s hope it goes well, I guess I’ll see you guys later and let you know how it went, alright. Bye, wish me luck.”

Unlike other actors auditioning for the part, Sam has already proven himself to millions of viewers from the Philippines.

“The Philippines has a lot of great talent, it’s like sometimes you just hope that other people from other places around the world can see how skilled they are and how they can compete with talent in New York, for instance.” Filipino Foreign Student at NYU, Katrina Yap said, “It’s really nice to see someone’s journey from the Philippines to being like a world-wide actor, we’re so proud of him.”

After an hour or so, Sam came out of his audition with a smile on his face and two thumbs up.

“I think it went well, I feel good about it and she seems happy, so I’m excited,” Sam said, “Hopefully, I get a call soon.”

After the big audition, Sam heads back to his Brooklyn apartment, study his next script and get ready for another round of auditions.
Just another day in the life of an actor—wanting to make it in New York.

http://www.balitangamerica.tv/sam-mi...state-of-mind/

You may contact Don Tagala at don_tagala@abs-cbn.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...